Are you a newbie at investments? Do you want to explore the best investment ideas to make money? If so, then you have come to the right place.
In this post, we will talk about the best investment ideas that can help you to make money both in the long run and the short run.
7 Profitable investment ideas for beginners
Just like there are potential benefits of debt consolidation, there are great advantages of making smart investments. It is said that smart investments can help you build wealth gradually. Here are some lucrative investment ideas that can help beginners like you to make money in the long and short term.
- Real estate investment – If you do not want to take too much risk, then real estate investment is a good option for you. Real estate is a sector, which is a good investment option even in developing countries. So, you can expect to get a good return for your money;
- Insurance – As a beginner, you must invest in insurance as it helps you to protect your health, car, house, business, teeth, and many other things. Auto insurance gives you adequate coverage when your car meets an accident and gets damaged. Health insurance reimburses your qualified medical expenses;
- Stock market – The stock market is full of shocks and surprises. Investment in the right blue-chip stocks can help you make a lot of money. Make sure you do a thorough analysis of the stocks and the risks involved in the market. Start with a small amount of money to minimize the risk. Do not buy and sell stocks quickly. Hold on to your patience for a few years;
- Forex trading – It can help you yield a good return on investment if you know what you are doing. The best part of forex trading is that you can enter it with a small amount of money. The right planning and a wise strategy can help you make a lot of money through forex trading. But be aware, majority of Forex traders end up with a loss, because it’s hard to outsmart the market. Otherwise everyone would do it;
- Retirement savings accounts – You should invest in retirement savings plans right after getting a job. It is vital for securing the golden years of your life. As per financial experts, you should invest as much as you can in retirement savings plans. The more you invest, the better your chance to secure your post-retirement life.Sit with an investment planner and understand the various features of retirement plans. Ask if there are tax benefits as many retirement savings plans come with them;
- Mutual funds – Well, mutual funds are a safe investment option where you get a chance to build wealth over time. Here you can invest in a particular type of fund and get a good return on investment in the long term. Much depends on the type of fund you are choosing;
- Penny stocks – It is a risky investment option. That is probably why it is at the bottom of the list. Penny stocks are volatile stocks. They can help you to make money within a few hours. The same suggests that penny stocks are pretty cheap. And, the price of these stocks may double or triple within a few hours. If you can invest in the right stocks, then you may make quick money.
3 Investment mistakes you should avoid as a beginner
Here are some investment mistakes you should always avoid as a beginner.
Investing before you are financially ready
Insurance and retirement savings plans are two investment options that you should never miss out on as a beginner. However, the rest of the investment options can wait until you are financially ready. If you have high-interest debts, then you should try to pay them off first.
One of the potential benefits of debt consolidation is that it helps you to save money on your monthly payments. So, you can consolidate your high-interest debts first and then start investing money.
Not having an emergency fund
COVID-19 has made one point clear. An emergency fund is a must for covering unexpected expenses. As a newbie, you should create an emergency fund before making investments. If you think that you will create an emergency fund after reaping profits from investments, then you are mistaken. It takes some time to reap profits from investments.
Moreover, when you do not have an emergency fund, a sudden car repair may force you to sell your expensive stocks at a time when their value has dropped temporarily. So, you will incur a loss. Try to save around 12 to 18 months of living expenses in your emergency fund before making investments. Research and analyze before making any decision.
Putting too much faith in the wrong people
When you are looking for information on the importance of debt consolidation, you will get loads of details from various websites. Likewise, you will get tons of information from the financial news channels on investments. Reporters and news anchors are always giving suggestions on where you should invest money.
However, you do not know the investigative history of those reporters. You do not even know if they are qualified to make recommendations. So, do not put blind faith in those channels. Verify what the news channels are saying from various sources. Never fall for anything that seems to be good to be true.
Read more: Top 10 investment mistakes you should avoid
Right planning and proper investments can help to strengthen your financial life. So, make extensive research before investing your money. No one can predict the future but you should invest money when you are absolutely convinced about it.
This is a guest post by Linda Richardson.
Any opinions, news, research, analyses, prices, other information, or links to third-party sites are provided as general market commentary and do not constitute investment advice. Financefreedom.eu will not accept liability for any loss or damage including, without limitation, to any loss of profit which may arise directly or indirectly from use of or reliance on such information.